Indiana Honey label Information
Honey bottling and sales falls under the Indiana Department of Health.
Farmers market/value added product: http://www.state.in.us/isdh/21054.htm
Honey house code: http://www.state.in.us/isdh/files/guidance_on_honey.pdf
Home produced guidelines: http://www.in.gov/isdh/files/HEA_1309_guidance_final_6_11_09.pdf
Purdue Handout for home based vendors: http://www.extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/FS/FS-18-W.pdf
Certain things the health department said the label must have:
1. Name and address of the home-based processing operation
2. The common or usual name of the food product
3. The ingredients of the food product in descending order of predominance by weight
4. The net weight and volume of the food product by standard measures of numerical count
5. The following statement in at least 10 point type: “This product is home produce and processed”
6. The date the food product was processed
National Honey Board label information: http://www.honey.com/honey-industry/honey-testing-and-regulations/honey-labeling
Thanks to Kathleen Prough for this page.